Green-Parker-Tarwater House is a circa 1850 Greek Revival beauty attributed to master builder Jacob Holt.
This superbly maintained home was originally built as a guest house for Nathaniel Turner Green, a wealthy plantation owner whose main house is across the street. The home was also owned during 19th century by the Jacob Parker family. The Tarwater family purchased and expanded it in the early 20th century and held it until 1996.
Enjoy wide molded baseboards (some marbleized), tall ceilings with crown molding, 5 original mantels plus an early 19th century mantel, bulls-eye corner blocks, heartpine flooring, and more.
Augmented by a graceful boxwood garden surrounded by semi-enclosed patio and garden room beneath the cool garden office (separate from main house).
Two large bedrooms with private baths on the upper level. The Library could easily be used as a first floor bedroom with private full bath.
Separate three-car contemporary garage.
Elegant living in historic downtown Warrenton.
Green-Parker-Tarwater House is under protective covenants held by Preservation North Carolina.